Even though it is pearls are now manmade, one cannot differentiate between those that are grown naturally in deep sea and those that are cultivated by farmers. In both cases, pearl is made with the help of nacre which is the layer that covers the mollusc in salt water and tiny artificial particles inserted by farmers in freshwater. The advantage of getting cultured pearls is that you can obtain any size, colour and shape as you like.
Traditional pearl sets are available in every store, but lately, designers are focusing more on youth who follow the current fashion trend. Instead of pearl pendant and necklaces they prefer pearl necklace urban, which is more like the current trend of millennial. This gem isn’t only used to create jewellery, but designers are using them to give daring look to purses, boots, belts, headbands, jackets etc. Now, none can say that pearl is only for traditional look of middle aged ladies, but it is also a gemstone that can be used for tougher image.
Here are some top brands that are influencing the pearl industry –
- Alexander McQueen, British fashion designer, provides tailored dress that is studded with pearls to give it a masculine as well as elegant look. Along with that, a matching clutch which is covered with pearls and other colourful stones.
- After the cowboy boots, the trend was set by Nicholas Kirkwood, British footwear designer, in 2010, to decorate fashionable footwear and boots with pearls and gems.
- Whether it is loafer or high heel sandal, Gina brand has the heels and toes tipped with pearls. The leather material gives it a masculine look with pearls adding some elegance, and royal look to it.
- Designer Carvela, who is associated with Kurt Geiger brand, provide black velvet Birkenstocks with huge lustrous pearl studded.
- Roger Vivier and Jimmy Choo are best example of classic night footwear and clutches that have dazzling gemstones on it.
- Prada as well as Miu Miu are two prime brands that have set unique and quirky examples of pearl designs.
- Granny Chic the latest trend is fashion world by Gucci was brought by Alessandro Michele in 2015. All items of Gucci were trimmed and shaped by pearls.
- Chanel has taken pearl one step ahead by knitting it on headbands, arm warmers, and every day accessories that millennial love to wear.
Hence, nobody can now call pearls as grandmother’s asset. Since designers are making effort in finding fresh new look for stones, therefore men and women of every age group can get their style of accessories with pearls on it.